In the words of Alex Jones, conspiracy theorist, the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre was "100 percent real" and should not have been dismissed as a hoax.

Jones claims the attack was in response to testimonies made by the parents of a 6-year-old boy who died in a 2012 shooting at the hands of Jones' media platforms.

This is especially true now that I've met the parents. A court-ordered defamation reprimand had been issued to Neil Heslin and Scarlett Lewis by Free Speech Systems, the media company he runs.

The Newtown, Conneticut school shooting was one of the deadliest incidents in the United States's history.

Heslin and Lewis, however, said an apology would not suffice and Jones needed to be held accountable for repeatedly spreading falsehoods about the attack. A minimum of $150 million is sought.

"Any compensation over $2 million will sink us," Jones told the jury, but he added: "I think it's appropriate for whatever you decide to do."

Wednesday's testimony wrapped up around noon, and closing arguments are set to begin shortly after that.

Jones is the only person who can testify in favor of himself. Was he now aware that it was "absolutely irresponsible" to claim that the massacre did not take place, as his attorney had asked?

Free Speech Systems has already been financially protected by Jones. The firm filed for bankruptcy protection last week.

Jones' financial claims are the subject of two separate lawsuits by Sandy Hook families, who claim the company is defending Jones and his family's millions.

Please visit our website for more stories and news. Visit our website by clicking on the link below. Taking the time to read our story means a lot to us!